Build full-stack web apps with only HTML and CSS
Remake lets you convert an HTML and CSS design into a fully-functional web app with a few custom attributes.
- Simple syntax
- User accounts & persistent data
- Inline editing & file uploads
- No backend coding
If you're a designers or front-end developer who wants to build web apps, Remake was made for you.
UPDATE 🎉: Remake v2.0 is out and the docs are up-to-date!
What if every HTML webpage knew how to save, edit, and add new items to itself?
Have you ever created a static website and wished people could just start using it? Remake lets you do that.
- Build full-stack apps with front-end code. Remake comes with user accounts, a persistent database, and everything you need to deploy a working application.
- Add CMS-like features on top of static templates. Users can login to your site and edit their own copy of it.
- So easy to use it feels like prototyping. But it's designed for building scalable, production web apps.
- You keep control over your design. You can use any CSS framework and style your pages however you want.
- Server rendered, secure, and fast. This makes it ideal for SEO and loading pages quickly. The front-end framework isn't even loaded if a user can't edit the current page.
How it works
Creating web applications is hard. You need to install packages, configure your build process, create API endpoints, set up a database, and load in some demo data, and that's all before even getting started!
It can be easier!
Remake makes it possible to build a web app entirely in your front-end code.
It does this by basically converting your page into a database, so when you move elements around on the page, their data is also moved!
Remake also comes with a built in inline edit popover for editing data at the click of a button.
This makes it possible to handle a lot of complicated CRUD operations automatically by adding a single data-* attribute:
- Attaching data to elements
- Editing & removing data from the page
- Moving data around the page
- Rendering new data into the page
And there's much more!
In the near future, Remake will also have support for:
- Automatic form handling
- Image cropping and manipulation
- Sharing data between users
- Real-time updates
To see a fully-customized, production Remake application with image uploading, form submissions, and custom edit popovers, check out RequestCreative.
Build Something Great
Join in to learn how to:
- Build CRUD web apps incredibly quickly
- Build something people love