How Data Works in Remake
HTML and JSON
Remake works by converting HTML into JSON. That's the foundation for everything else it does.
- Remake makes data inline editable
- Handles updating data
- Handles extracting data from the page
- Handles calling the save endpoint
- Handles saving to the database
- Handles attaching the data to a user
Most other web app frameworks leave ALL of these steps to you.
How Remake stores data
Remake stores data in JSON files for each user.
It converts nested elements on the page into nested arrays and objects.
The only 3 data types Remake uses are:
For more information
If you're curious about learning more about Objects, Arrays, and JSON, I'd strongly recommend reading these articles:View on GitHub